Thursday, June 12, 2008

HOT OF THE PRESS!!!

After a blitzkrieg of fact gathering concerning the recommended surgery, Aaron and his surgeon have decided to put off removal of lymph nodes until after CT scan on June 30th. Surgery has been re-scheduled for July 9th. Hopefully by this time the side effects of treatment will have tapered off a good deal. It is obvious that the radiation is still at work, as he continues to throw up bloody tissue and is still in a lot of pain. Also, the lymph node may continue to shrink in size which "may" remove the need for surgery.

We are grateful to our drs.(Nabell, Meredith, Monagan, Free, and Magnuson) for their time, expertise, and personal care and involvement in helping us make good decisions. We are blessed.

3 comments:

Tasha said...

Aaron and Debbie,
I am so glad to hear the news concerning the surgrey. I know the Lord lead you and the doctors in the wisdom of this decision. I am so amazed(and shouln't be) at how awesome our God is when we give everything totally to Him!I continue to pray for the side effects to go away and strength to continue to come back! I pray for peace and rest for all of you after a very stressful week! We love you! Tasha

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I have been so concerned (not about the surgery, but about the anguish of making the decision) Peace, Peace to my dear friends
Janet

PCI said...

Aaron,
I am so glad that everyones prayers have been answered and the doctors have confirmed Gods cure. I am sure that your battle with cancer will just confirm to you as mine did to me that God has some purpose for the rest of your life. My wife is a nurse at RMC in Anniston and she said you should check on the use of a hyperbaric chamber to promote healing of radiation burns and surgery. She said that in classes at RMC she has learned that it greatly decreases the healing time required and reduces scarring. She says RMC has a chamber.
Your friend always,
Jack H. Tucker, Jr.