Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A quick update

Our drs. visit on Monday was informative. The lab results showed all counts(except hemoglobin) were up and in normal ranges. The low hemoglobin accounts for the edema. We are walking to try to get swelling down. Dr. Nabell seemed pleased with Aaron's progress. Please continue to pray for pain management and nausea. Our next trip to UAB is June 3, when we will see Dr. Meredith, the radiation oncologist and Dr. Magnuson, surgeon.

My Dad's bone scan showed no cancer in bones! He will begin a low dose of chemo tomorrow for cancerous nodules on lungs. They will be keeping a close eye on his kidney to decide whether or not he can tolerate a higher dosage. Please pray for the cancer to respond to treatment.

Thanks again for your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First, Happy Mothers Day to Mrs. Acker. We had a good one here. I am glad that you are making some progress returning to normal even if it isn't as rapid as we'd like. Getting back to what we recognize as our path in life is truly all that we ask for isn't it. My return has been gratifyingly prompt. I find myself mounted up and back in the cavalry where I feel I belong. I'm certain that you are weary of being in the wagon train by now but hang in there. How can you possibly ever do anything to help anyone else unless you get through this first? And isn't that what you want most of all? God Bless you and comfort you,

Ed Moody