Friday, March 28, 2008

12 Down!

I just returned from the second "2-a-day" Friday, getting two more treatments down and the total up to 12 of 35! I know I am just starting and, as the movie line says, "You ain't seen bad yet but it's coming!"; but I am thankful to be a third of the way! I am beginning to experience some of the expected symptoms. Some of these are dry mouth, the loss of taste, the constant presence of a hot salty yukky taste, more difficulty with swallowing and talking, increasing inflammation and burn. I also have a little migraine problem that is probably unrelated to the treatments, but difficult to deal with since it affects my rest and I cannot take what seems to do best with it (things with aspirin in it). They told me today that if that continued next week, they would look into other remedies.

But that is just if you wish to know how to pray specifically, not to complain - I am still doing better than could be expected. In spite of eating becoming a longer process, I have not lost a pound yet either! So praise God for limited side effects so far!

I am continuing to be amazed with the genuine love, support and faithfulness in prayer of you! Your words, emails, cards, and other acts seem to be never ending and so kind. Thank you again!

Pray for God's direction and work in the "Cancer Supporters" fund and patient assistance services there at UAB. There are many who are not so blessed and covered with support - they need help. Pray God will use me and others to help them, and that God will bless them richly spiritually and physically through their struggles.

"Experience is the hardest because it gives the test before the lesson." John MacArthur

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

praise the Lord for a great 2 weeks. continously praying..

Jessica said...

So greatful to hear that your side effects are limited. Continuing to pray for you and your family!

Mike Payton said...

Aaron, thanks for the blog updates. I look forward to each update. You and your family are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

You had my prayers and those of my family and friends from the first we heard of your illness. Then when I read your blog, I had to sit back and soak in your strength and compassion. The greatest blessing imaginable is the ability to turn adversity into a calling to care for others. Aaron, you are truly blessed,

Ed Moody

Anonymous said...

Aaron,

Bless the Lord! What a joy to hear the Lord's limiting the side effects. As you say, there are more days ahead but we will continue praying that He would limit these things. Betsy is reading A.W. Tozer's "The Knowledge of the Holy." He makes the point that whatever we face, suffering, sin, pain, etc. is finite because we are finite creatures. But God is infinite. So in Him we have infinite strength, grace, and comfort. We are praying that you and Debbie and your entire family will continue sense His infinite mercy in tangible ways.

Your blog is a real source of encouragement. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Tim

chip said...

Bless You Aaron ! Glad to hear of the lack of side effects !! If you need a fresh driver PLEASE let me know !! God Bless You and Debbie . Give your Mom and Snake my best !
Chip